When it comes to Provident Fund (PF) , the most searched query on the internet is how to withdraw money from PF account.
In the times of coronavirus, the search has increased as people felt a great need for it.
If one have any doubts regarding the withdrawal of money from PF account, the below procedure will help you.
To withdraw money from PF account, one don’t need to go anywhere or request someone.
All one need is a smartphone and an internet connection. The whole process will not take more than two minutes.
While there are two ways to withdraw money from PF account, here is how one can use the UMANG app to do this.
Follow these simple steps to withdraw money from one’s Provident Fund (PF) account
1. First of all, download the UMANG app on mobile. All EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organization) members can use this app.
2. Open the app and search for EPFO.
3. Choose the option that says ‘Employee Centric’.
4. Select the ‘Raise Claim’ option.
5. After this, enter EPF UAN number. If one do not know his UAN number, then ask for it from their company.
6. On submitting the UAN number, the user will get a One-Time-Password on your registered mobile number. Enter it.
7. After that, select withdrawal type and enter the amount. Press submit.
8. Then the user will get a Claim Reference Number (CRN), the same have to keep it safe somewhere.
9. With the help of CRN, one can check the status of his/her claim.
10. Money from your PF account will be transferred to your bank account in 10 working days.
It should be noted to withdraw money from PF account, your KYC must be completed.
Link UAN number to Aadhaar, UMANG app should link to Aadhaar.
It is to be noted in mind that the UMANG app is used for many other services like income tax filing, gas cylinder booking, passport service, PM Awas Yojana, PAN card etc.